|Title||Author||Replies||Last Replier||Latest Post|
|General Chit Chat.||PHYLOMON!PRO||3||tfkwalsh||7 years ago|
Group Description(To discuss content please go to the phylomon forum)
Images submitted for use in the Phylo project.
Organism Submission guidelines:
NOTE 1: we're also open to habitat and environmental scenario type images.
NOTE 2: any organism is o.k. (even repeats). We are currently lacking in organisms from the plant and microbial world.
1. JPEG format only
2. 150dpi, 360 pixels x 225 pixels (2.4 inches x 1.5 inches) - landscape mode
3. Please leave tags (in following order):
(i) organism common name;
(ii) organism latin name, (if not sure, use "latinus latinus");
(iii) Photographer's name;
(iv)Photographer's website ("n/a" if not applicable),
(remaining tags) organism locale (city, state/county/province, country) - none or as many as you care to input.
4. Attribute the following creative commons license in the description area:
"Phylo submission is licensed under a Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 Generic specific for use in the Phylomon card project. All other uses as below:"
Then add any specific details you wish to highlight (like "please ask first", "actually the license is ok for all uses", "If you'd like to buy the bigger print go here", etc.)
5. Regardless of your specific details, it's a good idea to leave any referral websites so that readers can explore the rest of your works. This is just easier for readers to see, even though one of the tags you supplied is the same website (this will come up in the actual card itself if chosen).
6. In the event of your image being chosen for card production, we will ask that you allow us to upload your image onto our main Flickr account.
What kind of image are we looking for?
This is the tough one. Ideally, one that will appeal to the photography community (particularly those involved in nature photography); the biodiversity research community; and (of course), the children who would ultimately immerse themselves in the Phylo project generally.
Flickr tag, "wildlife"
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Videos, Images, Art, Screenshots
- Accepted safety levels: Safe