The First 10000 ADMIN August 2, 2012
Questions? Suggestions? Comments? Add a discussion thread below.
This group discussion is for members only.
Group DescriptionWelcome to the group pool for the First 10,000's 365 Day Project. This project is designed to help you approach photography in a spirit of fun, creativity, and mindfulness. Feedback on members' photos is welcome, provided it's constructive.
The projects can be viewed at www.thefirst10000.com/365-photo-project/ where you'll find projects as they're added, typically a month at a time. There are links from the main page to individual blog posts that explain that day's assignment. In order to participate, tag or caption your photo with the day number, the day's theme, and any other information you'd like.
If you're late to the party (let's say that you're coming to this in November), you can either start back at day one, or start from the day the project is on and work on the days you've missed later. Either way, the goal is to shoot something every day, and to have fun doing it.
Group RulesA few ground rules:
1. Use any camera you want.
2. Interpret the assignments as literally or as loosely as you’d like.
3. Use only your own photos, unless the assignment specifies otherwise
4. Shoot something, anything, every day. If that means flipping the script on an assignment, so be it.
5. You may delay an assignment. Let’s say today’s assignment involves birds and you’re going to a bird sanctuary tomorrow. Do today’s assignment tomorrow, and slot tomorrow’s assignment into one of the free shoot days. Again, the important thing is the photos.
6. Don’t do anything stupid or illegal to get your photos. Common sense and safety first, OK?
7. 48-Hour Rule: If you’ve shot something in the last 48 hours that just happens to fit the challenge on a given day, feel free to use it. No fair going back to stuff you shot in 2008, unless that day’s project calls for it (and a couple will)
8. Feedback on members' photos is welcome, provided it's constructive.
9. By posting here, you certify that you own the copyright to the photos you're posting.
10. Since this is an all-ages group, make sure that your photos do not contain nudity or sexually explicit content.
IMPORTANT: Any photos that violate the rules will be removed, without explanation or expectation of appeal, and anyone found to be repeatedly in violation of the rules may be ejected from the group.
Now that we've got that bit out of the way, get out there with your camera, and get snappin'!
- This group will count toward the photo's limit (60 for Pro members, 30 for free members)
- Accepted content types: Photos, Images
- Accepted safety levels: Safe