Add a note to a photo. Coordinates and sizes are in pixels, based on the 500px image size shown on individual photo pages.
This method requires authentication with 'write' permission.
Note: This method requires an HTTP POST request.
- Your API application key. See here for more details.
- The id of the photo to add a note to
- The left coordinate of the note
- The top coordinate of the note
- The width of the note
- The height of the note
- The description of the note
<note id="1234" />
1: Photo not found
- The photo id passed was not a valid photo id
2: User cannot add notes
- The calling user does not have permission to add a note to this photo
3: Missing required arguments
- One or more of the required arguments were not supplied.
4: Maximum number of notes reached
- The maximum number of notes for the photo has been reached.
96: Invalid signature
- The passed signature was invalid.
97: Missing signature
- The call required signing but no signature was sent.
98: Login failed / Invalid auth token
- The login details or auth token passed were invalid.
99: User not logged in / Insufficient permissions
- The method requires user authentication but the user was not logged in, or the authenticated method call did not have the required permissions.
100: Invalid API Key
- The API key passed was not valid or has expired.
105: Service currently unavailable
- The requested service is temporarily unavailable.
111: Format "xxx" not found
- The requested response format was not found.
112: Method "xxx" not found
- The requested method was not found.
114: Invalid SOAP envelope
- The SOAP envelope send in the request could not be parsed.
115: Invalid XML-RPC Method Call
- The XML-RPC request document could not be parsed.
116: Bad URL found
- One or more arguments contained a URL that has been used for abuse on Flickr.