Join a public group as a member.
This method requires authentication with 'write' permission.
Note: This method requires an HTTP POST request.
- Your API application key. See here for more details.
- The NSID of the Group in question
- If the group has rules, they must be displayed to the user prior to joining. Passing a true value for this argument specifies that the application has displayed the group rules to the user, and that the user has agreed to them. (See flickr.groups.getInfo).
This method has no specific response - It returns an empty success response if it completes without error.
1: Required arguments missing
- The group_id doesn't exist
2: Group does not exist
- The Group does not exist
3: Group not availabie to the account
- The authed account does not have permission to view/join the group.
4: Account is already in that group
- The authed account has previously joined this group
5: Membership in group is by invitation only.
- Use flickr.groups.joinRequest to contact the administrations for an invitation.
6: User must accept the group rules before joining
- The user must read and accept the rules before joining. Please see the accept_rules argument for this method.
10: Account in maximum number of groups
- The account is a member of the maximum number of groups.
96: Invalid signature
- The passed signature was invalid.
97: Missing signature
- The call required signing but no signature was sent.
98: Login failed / Invalid auth token
- The login details or auth token passed were invalid.
99: User not logged in / Insufficient permissions
- The method requires user authentication but the user was not logged in, or the authenticated method call did not have the required permissions.
100: Invalid API Key
- The API key passed was not valid or has expired.
105: Service currently unavailable
- The requested service is temporarily unavailable.
111: Format "xxx" not found
- The requested response format was not found.
112: Method "xxx" not found
- The requested method was not found.
114: Invalid SOAP envelope
- The SOAP envelope send in the request could not be parsed.
115: Invalid XML-RPC Method Call
- The XML-RPC request document could not be parsed.
116: Bad URL found
- One or more arguments contained a URL that has been used for abuse on Flickr.