This method requires authentication with 'read' permission.
- Your API application key. See here for more details.
- The category id to fetch a list of groups and sub-categories for. If not specified, it defaults to zero, the root of the category tree.
<category name="Alt" path="/Alt" pathids="/63"> <subcat id="80" name="18+" count="0" /> <subcat id="82" name="Absurd" count="4" /> <group nsid="34955637532@N01" name="Cal's Public Test Group" members="13" online="1" chatnsid="34955637533@N01" inchat="0" /> <group nsid="34158032587@N01" name="Eric's Alt Group Test" members="3" online="0" chatnsid="34158032588@N01" inchat="0" /> </category>
count attribute of the
subcat element gives the number of groups inside the subcat.
members attribute of the
group element gives the total number of members in the group. The
online attribute gives a count of the members who are currently online. The
inchat attribute gives a count of the number of people in the group's chat, regardless of whether they are members of the group.
1: Category not found
- The value passed for cat_id was not a valid category id.
96: Invalid signature
- The passed signature was invalid.
97: Missing signature
- The call required signing but no signature was sent.
98: Login failed / Invalid auth token
- The login details or auth token passed were invalid.
99: User not logged in / Insufficient permissions
- The method requires user authentication but the user was not logged in, or the authenticated method call did not have the required permissions.
100: Invalid API Key
- The API key passed was not valid or has expired.
105: Service currently unavailable
- The requested service is temporarily unavailable.
111: Format "xxx" not found
- The requested response format was not found.
112: Method "xxx" not found
- The requested method was not found.
114: Invalid SOAP envelope
- The SOAP envelope send in the request could not be parsed.
115: Invalid XML-RPC Method Call
- The XML-RPC request document could not be parsed.
116: Bad URL found
- One or more arguments contained a URL that has been used for abuse on Flickr.