photography is illegal
© 2009 Steve Kelley
Well at least any place determined to be a sensitive subject at the discretion i suppose of the inquiring officer...
My friend Chetan took a picture of a door that just happens to be a vent building which became justifiable cause to:
1. Stop you
2. Asked for and view images on Camera
3. Asked for ID
4. Asked to go to precinct house, in my case it was "voluntary" because although i did not shoot the offending door i was "guilty by association". i had to remark at that point that that was an "unfortunate choice of terms" on the officer's part, i don't think he got the wit. i also got to ride in the unmarked sedan vs the standard cruiser - 4 inches more legroom and no divider.
5. Wait about 2 hours at the precinct house
6. Meet two detectives who want to know where I went to college and graduate school. For the record its University of Idaho and University of Washington.
7. afterwards have no desire to finish the photo walk and just head home.
Below Prospect Park Brooklyn, New York City (NYC).
Please view on black and large: