- Bavarian Illuminati pin.
- Humpback Whale (ref: Star Trek IV)
- Watchmen Smiley pin (rubberized blood had peeled off.)
- Batman painter's cap!
- Batman button!
- Batman pin!
- Romulan Warbird Insignia pin.
- Klingon Empire Insignia pin.
- Sad eyes. I really didn't like having my picture taken.
- Afraid to smile, because it would show off my fucked up teeth.
- Because the Swatches on both my wrists and one ankle weren't enough, here's one attached to my fucking jacket.
- If you don't remember Zinka, you're lucky. If you do, you may recall these handy little things that ensured your Zinka was never farther away than the band of your watch.
- Boingo concert T-shirt. At least *one* thing here isn't completely humiliating.
- The Hard Rock Cafe! It's were all the cool people go . . . right? I mean, I'm cool because I have this on my denim jacket, right?
- One of these things is not like the other: Felix the Cat.
I was a total dork in the 80s
Just in case there was any doubt lingering about what a fucking geektard I was when I was a teenager, I present this photo, recovered from the garage this weekend.
I have not scanned the back side of this, which declares, "Hey Mon! Be excellent to each other!" and features a badly-drawn attempt to recreate the Batman insignia.
I'm not sure what's worse: that I thought this was cool, or that someone who should have known better let me print this on a postcard to be sent out to just about anyone who sent a letter asking for an autographed picture.
Goddamn was I awkward.