On 11th April 1937, Plymouth's old Theatre Royal was demolished.
In its place arose the Royal Cinema owned by Associated British Cinemas (ABC) and designed by the company's architect William R Glenn.
The cinema opened on 15th July 1938.
It is one of only three true Art Deco buildings in the city centre.
Who knows what its future will be...