Today the final (?) part of my panorama setup came in.
From top to bottom:
- Canon 40D with 10-22
- Manfrotto 341 elbow bracket
- Manfrotto 323 quick release
- Manfrotto 454 micro sliding plate (for nodal point adjustment)
- Manfrotto 300N panorama head
- Manfrotto 488rc2 ballhead (easy levelling)
- Manfrotto 055xprob tripod
Not in the picture:
- eBay wired remote
- eBay bubble level (with crooked hotshoe mount, I use it upside down on the sliding plate)
Changing the wideangle for a macro lens makes the setup very usable for macro work.
A lot of people ask why I use the 488rc2. I use it as a leveling head because it's a lot cheaper and when I remove the panorama head, the ballhead can be used in the traditional way. The use of some kind of leveling head is much easier than trying to get the tripod level by adjusting two legs.