A bunker in Kivikko, east Helsinki. The bunker is a part of a large fortification system running through Helsinki and Espoo. The fortifications were built by Russians on the eve of the first world war in order to protect Helsinki, an ultimately St. Petersburg from a German invasion, which never came. Parts of the trenches and fortifications were used in the Finnish civil war in 1918, though.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts