Pennsylvania - Independence Hall, Philadelphia
From Postcrossing member vixen
"Independence Hall (1730-48)
Edmund Woolley and Andrew Hamilton
William Strickland, current tower and steeple, 1828
"Here in Pennsylvania's Old State House, earlier known as the Province Hall, the Declaration of Independence was debated and finally adopted on July 4, 1776. The colonial Georgian building was also the site of the first public reading of the Declaration on July 8, 1776, accompanied by a ringing of the Liberty Bell, which had been installed in 1753. The structure has had numerous alterations and renovations over the years and is now part of Independence National Historic Park, maintained by the National Park Service."