new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Brand Library - Doctors House | by tkksummers
Back to photostream

Brand Library - Doctors House

Doctors House

Circa 1890

 

The Doctors House. A Glendale Landmark is named for the three prominent physicians: Dr. C.V.Bogue, Dr. D.W.Hunt, and Dr. A.L. Bryant, and one of the few remaining residences of Quaan Anne Eastlake style of architecture in Glendale. It was originally located on the northwest corner of Wilson and Belmont. When a Permit was issued for its demolition in 1979. A Successful rescue effort was initiated by councilman John F. Day. The Glendale Historical Society then organized to assume responsibility . Moved the house to this site in 1980 and Began the process of painstaking restoration with the generous assistance of numerous other Glendale organizations businesses and concerned individuals.

3,817 views
2 faves
0 comments
Taken on May 13, 2009