- Electro-Voice RE20 and a Model 309 shockmount. Cost was about $300 from eBay.
- Sony MDR-7506 headphones (about $90 from eBay). I replaced the stock earpads with a set made for Beyerdynamic DT250 headphones. They're made of velour and are much more comfortable.
- Marantz PMD670 solid state recorder (about $600 from eBay) with a 2-GB compact flash card.
- Mackie Onyx 1220 mixer (about $400 from eBay). This is a great mixer which is small enough to be mobile if necessary.
- Heil PL-2 boom (about $80). I had to have one large enough to reach over my display.