I've been working on my new RAWD (RAW source Download file) editing program... My old program, RAWD Player was nice and all, but it had really limited editing abilities, so I started the RAWDirector project. I'm up to version 35 of the Alpha program, and it has many, many things I need to tune up before it's street-legal (I just noticed a nifty little pain-in-the-ass memory leak, for one...), but just goofing around with the interface and seeing the image update is pretty wicked for now! It's currently at 268 lines of code, with 2 seperate linked scripts to it, so... eh, about 400 or so total lines, with the 18-line image-by-text updating procedure code mostly courtesy of jobu (that little bit of code was cleaned up by me just slightly to cut back on memory usage)...
Features in RAWDirector... eventually:
• Support for most RAW JPEG-oriented webcam feeds
• Scrubbing of video from those feeds
• Memory of where you left off in any particular file
• IN/OUT points settable (for playback and editing)
• Master "timeline" list for complete overview of project
• [upcoming] Exporting of any file or timeline event to either another RAWD file or an individual jpeg image sequence
• [upcoming] Ability to save the entire playlist and filelist as a .RAWDProject file, so you can start back where you left off when you go back to that file
and more... Coming to your Mac... er, probably never... I doubt there's much of a demand for this kind of program besides me... and I'm OK as an AppleScript Studio programmer, but I'm not fool-proof, so...
RAWDirector, RAWD and RAWD Player © Zach Glenwright
Ring-Tailed Lemur pictures from and © www.tigerhomes.org
...ASS is "Apple Script Studio" - I wonder how many views I'll get with that tag... :)