A while ago hoohaaphotos tagged me in his “ten,” and I’ve finally gotten around to doing mine. I’ve had the picture for a while, I've just been busy and distracted, so it’s about time I uploaded it. It’s one of the shots I took for my Project 365, but I chose a very similar one for that, so I decided this could be the self-portrait for my ten.
The idea of the ten is to post a self-portrait along with ten things about yourself, and tag ten or so people, who will then do the same.
1. I’ve been to five continents; the two I haven’t yet been to are Antarctica and Australia.
2. In 2009, I climbed Kilimanjaro and went on a safari in Africa. The entire trip was one of the most incredible experiences of my life.
3. I play guitar, and I recently started playing drums too. There’s nothing that truly compares to music; or to playing live when the mood and the audience is good.
4. I’ve been in three bands, each of them different combinations of the same people. Each incarnation has basically been the previous band with less members.
5. I’ve been to Europe every summer since I was just a few years old. The last five or so years are when I’ve really started to take advantage of the experience though, as I’ve spent a lot more time traveling independently and with friends, and seeing tons of new places.
6. I love to write, being an aspiring journalist. I’ve gotten the chance to write a lot of articles and editorials at the Yavapai College Rough Writer (the student newspaper), where I am writing now (please forgive the horrible design, I’m working on getting it upgraded).
7. I also love photography, as should be evident from my Flickr photostream. I’ve been using the same point-and-shoot for over three years, having taken well over 10,000 photos with it. I’d love to get a nice DSLR, but don’t have the money at the moment.
8. I’m an Internet junkie, and waste way too much time reading and interacting online when I should be doing things like writing, homework, and working with my photos.
9. I dislike crop. I don’t know exactly why - but it feels like cheating, because then you can just take any shot and make it look good afterwards. I have given in and started using “straighten” in Picasa though, because I’d hate to have a good, well-framed photo look bad just because I can’t hold my camera as perfectly horizontal as a tripod.
10. If all goes according to plan, I should be living in Brussels by the end of this year.