View of downtown Salt Lake City from the backyard of our home at 679 Terrace Hills Drive. I lived in this house for the first 20 years of my life and miss it dearly. This is 1984 when the cherry trees were still alive.
- Cathedral of the Madeline. Interior.
- LDS Temple. Still the most remarkable building in SLC.
- Ensign Elementary. My school. Ran down the hill as the bell rang every school day for 7 years.
- Out of frame to the right is the home of my cousins, the Dunford's. Bubba and I always said we'd build a slide from my house to his. Or at least cans and string for communication.
- Kennecott Copper Mine. Claims the dubious honor of the "World's Largest Hole".
- LDS Church Office Building. Amusingly phallic from up close.
- The home of my friends, the Simpsons. We all played countless games of basketball (and an insane variation of Horse called "Timmy") on their driveway hoop.
- Got my first permanent scar on this playground.
I was always on the basketball court at recess — even in deep snow. Never a major incident. Then, the one day I play foursquare, I fall and cut my knee.
A View of Salt Lake City from the Upper Avenues
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts