The Reading Room, Public Library of NSW, 1942, by Sam Hood
This room is now the Mitchell Library Reading Room. The Public Library of NSW (now the State Reference Library) is housed in an adjoining building opened in 1988. The State Reference Library has origins dating back to 1826 with the foundation of the Australian Subscription Library.
The Mitchell LIbrary was officially opened on 8 March 1910, and opened
to the public the next day, 9 March.
Notes: Find more detailed information about this photograph: acms.sl.nsw.gov.au/item/itemDetailPaged.aspx?itemID=12978