Plaza / Gaumont / Apollo Cinema in Crewe was equipped with a full stage. Opened in November 1933 and closed in 1961 to be converted into the Majestic Ballroom until becoming a bingo hall in 1965. It was sub-divided to form bingo in the stalls and three cinemas in the balcony and upper foyer which opened in May 1990. The bingo closed in 2000 and the cinemas some time later. The stalls area and stage was adapted to form the 1,000 capacity M Club which opened in the Summer of 2007. However the lease was acquired by Sainsbury's and the former theatre will be demolished in the near future, it closed in 2010.
Crewe Plaza / Apollo