(19/365) Do I miss my iPhone? One week of Google Nexus One.
January 19th: It's one week now where I am on Android and where I have the Google Nexus One as my primary phone. Do I miss my BlackBerry? No. Do I miss my iPhone. Yes, sometimes.
Things that I like:
- It's fast and it has a beautiful UI.
- The screen is wonderful, crisp and the high resolution makes the iPhone look old.
- Google Navigation is just fantastic. Integrated street view is just the beginning of a next era of mobile navigation.
- The form factor is better than the iPhone, I think. My iPhone was suprisingly heavy after using the Nexus One for some time.
- The Gmail integration is fantastic
- Certain features in the Android Market
- The overall performance.
- The screen can be touched even with gloves which is great when you are snowboarding.
Things I really don't like:
- The speaker when it's on speaker phone. It's bad. Really bad and reminds me on very old phones.
- The touch area outside of the screen (the four "buttons" underneath the actual screen). I like the iPhone's approach here much more to only have one single button. I accidently (while typing some text) touched these areas, got moved back to somewhere, lost my input etc.
These are just some initial thoughts - I am sure to write more about the phone when I used it for some more time. Overall: Would I recommend it: Yes - it's a great phone but it's not as easy to play and work with than the iPhone. It almost feels like a PC and the iPhone feels like a Mac - and I actually only use Mac's in my non-mobile world.