abandoned military caserne in Mulhouse, France.
The caserne was built between 1874 and 1877, shortly after the german-french war. In these times when Alsace belonged to Germany, the caserne was called Kaiser Wilhelm Kaserne. Later, when Alsace became french again, the name was Caserne Lefèbvre. Now it's abandoned for a bit more than 10 years. Nevertheless, the tank "Austerlitz" still remained in the yard of the ruins of this formerly huge caserne. In the second world war, Austerlitz attacked this caserne which was occupied by Germans, and started the liberation of the city of Mulhouse.
This object is included in the list of historical monuments of France.
Click here to find more details (in french language):
www.culture.gouv.fr/public/mistral/merimee_fr?ACTION=RETR... :INSEE )&USRNAME=nobody&USRPWD=4$%34P&SPEC=9&SYN=1&IMLY=& MAX1=1&MAX2=100&MAX3=100&DOM=Tous