eMate 300 by Apple - Clear Case
Here is the eMate 300 Clear Case that I acquired from Ermin Mistica. I had offered to assist him in repairing it and even suggested he speak with Frank Gruendel. By chance he kindly offered this Prototype eMate 300 to me. I could not refuse such a generous offer! :D
At the time though the unit would not boot up...
- I'm happy to inform you though that after a bit of troubleshooting I was able to get this unit fully operational.
I will either be U/L additional photos (or possibly replacing some of the current ones with better composed photos) in the near future.
There are a few facts I'd like to point out for now which will be indicated in the future by Notes or Close Ups...
1) I will be posting a picture of the Back when I get a chance to. I'm
not sure of the actual legal issues of this but since I'm not an Apple
Employee this should not affect me. But before I do I will contact
fellow Newton User (Flash Sheridan) about his thoughts on this matter
as he mentioned he could not do so when he provided his photos of his
eMate 300 Clear Case. Gotta be careful you know...
2) No eMate 300 Moniker next to the Apple Logo on the inside.
3) No shielding around the back of the Touch Screen.
4) No Oval Pattern on the back of the Touch Screen case.
5) Special Notation (Label) indicating HW modification to the Reset?
6a) eMate ROM Card is not the normal Square shaped card but the same
shape as the MP2000/2100 ROM Card.
6b) eMate ROM Card is labeled 'Q' on it... so this might have been a
DVT MP2000 ROM Card for the slower processor.
This should be enough for you till I get a chance to fully open this unit up and document the HW modification that was added to it.