Surbiton Station, Rear Entrance
Grade II listed. 1937, by Southern Railways Architects' Department under J R Scott. Reinforced concrete, painted. Flat roof. 4 bay central tall single storeyed booking hall, flanked by low, narrow bays containing kiosks, curvng backwards to meet long, low wings. Continuous cantilevered canopy of concrete to centre and wings, with moulded edge. Clock tower to left with strong, but narrow cornice and horizontal strings to upper, set back part. Long square headed windows with narrow closely spaced mullions to booking hall. Original wood and bronze doors below, with triple bronze bars in front of long narrow windows. Central facia to canopy with "Surbiton" in sans serif capitals. Marble lined booking hall. Two long single storeyed buildings remain on platforms; also reinforced concrete, with rounded ends and horizontal glazing bars to windows. Built to contain offices, lavatories and waiting rooms.
In the Poirot episode 'The Adventure of The Clapham Cook' it was used as Twickenham Station.