new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
img_0437 | by Russ Nelson
Back to album

img_0437

RAILWAY BRIDGE PIERSThe large stone piers located below in the Hudson River were placed there in 1837 for the construction of the Saratoga Whitehall Railroad. The bridge was not completed and the railroad stopped work due to the panic of 1838. The only use ever made of these piers was for the Hudson Falls Fire Department to string lines for fire alarm boxes, until the mid 1970's.

1,057 views
1 fave
0 comments
Taken on January 10, 2009