new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Birkdale Railway Station-Signal Box | by mrrobertwade (wadey)
Back to photostream

Birkdale Railway Station-Signal Box

Birkdale opened in 1848 as an intermediate station on the Liverpool, Crosby and Southport Railway. It became part of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway in 1904, who took over from the LCSR. The Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway amalgamated with the London and North Western Railway on 1 January 1922 and in turn was Grouped into the London, Midland and Scottish Railway in 1923. Nationalisation followed in 1948 and in 1978 the station became part of the Merseyrail network's Northern Line (operated by British Rail until privatisation in 1995)

 

Wikipedia

806 views
0 faves
7 comments
Taken on November 1, 2011