I was tagged by Edera to do this 16 things meme, and I'm supposed to tag 16 others to do it as well. So I tag YOU!
1. I don't understand why people see French as a sexy or romantic
I find it rather unattractive. Give me Latin or Spanish any day of the week!
2. I hate champagne- it tastes awful and it's the only thing that gives me a hangover. As a consequence of course- I never get hangovers!
3. I still call myself a pagan even though I'm currently in a crisis of faith. Every now and then I feel my paganism fill me up like nothing else, but it only lasts a couple of seconds and I'm back to mild-mannered apathy again. I'm hoping my trip to the UK will smooth me out once and for all.
4. I wear army boots pretty much every day of the year- they're vintage 60s ones I bought from a surplus store- they were part of a huuuuugue pile of random boots, and I had to fish about till I found a left and a right that go together. I'm still not sure I got it right, but they've been worn together on me for 15 years now...and show no signs of wearing out. Best $30 ever spent.
5. When I was 14 I taught myself Ancient Egyptian civilisation and wanted to be an archaeologist- but when I was told I'd have to study the Romans I backed out. I can't explain- ever since I was old enough to know who they were I've hated the Ancient Romans! I maintain it's a past life thing. :)
6. I'm slightly addicted to watching Top Gear- and I'm so totally in love with James, it's not right. And completely his fault for being so lovely. :D
7. Rolls Royce's are the best cars ever.
8. I have a great admiration for the actor Geoffrey Rush- I've met him a few times and he's very sweet, approachable, sincere and warm hearted. We hung out for 3 hours the first time (went to see his play) and drank alot of beer! Best.birthday.ever.
9. There's nothing better in my mind than cooking a big roast dinner for a houseful of hungry boys. I love to see men eat.
10. My first ever crush was Dan Aykroyd. I was 10 and he was a Ghostbuster. To this day I've preferred older men- and as I get older, so do they!
11. I am followed by the number 4- my birthday is 4th of the 4th 1974, there's always a 4 in any numbers I'm given, I sit at 4 tables in restaurants, etc.
12. I love lemon flavoured things.
13. <--- is my lucky number.
14. I never became a professional artist when I left university because I couldn't stand the pretentious elitism that I saw in the art world. In my opinion art is for everybody- no one should have to feel like they're not educated or upper class enough to be 'allowed' at a gallery, and no art is any more 'proper' than another form. Art is art is for everybody.
15. I have a 'thing' for characters that wander lonely through harsh landscapes. Stories like Conan and Red Sonja, Tank Girl, Halo Jones, Mad Max...there's something about the lone warrior in a post-apocalyptic world that connects to me. Some sort of deep psychological thing no doubt. :)
16. I'm an Aries, and as such the majority of my sentences start with 'I'. I'm very self-conscious about it and do my best to stomp it out.