My attempt to mimic the look and feel of stained glass in LEGO.
This project killed most of my 1x1 black brick, 1x2 trans blue brick, and all of my 1x1 neon-green cylinders. I still have plenty of trans-clear left, though.
I had planned on using 1x1 trans neon-orange headlight bricks to mimic the suckers on the underside of the tentacles - but it didn't look as nice as the neon-green. Or course, I figure that out *after* a half dozen bricklink orders to scrounge up enough headlights...
I need to get a bit of plexi to back this with - it's just fragile enough to really scare me when I move it.
Just a final note: I don't take credit for the octopus image I based this mosaic on; I found it with a Google Image search. There were copies of it everywhere, so I can't attribute the original source.