Noguchi's playground equipment designs were criticized on the grounds they were too dangerous. These models were developed as part of a design for a playground to be constructed in Hawaii, but remained unrealized.
- You can see Noguchi with this model in his Macdougal Alley studio in the photograph illustrating his Contoured Playground of 1941.
- swings like these were eventually constructed in Piedmont Park in Atlanta as part of a community art project funded by the High Museum of Art.
- climbing bars in the form of a pyramid.
- basketball hoop and backboard with a wonderful "counterweight" on its back side.
- climbing spiraling metalwork for climbing.