- I hypothesized that someone spread these pieces of wood here to warn planes landing on the glacier about the pit right past them.
Our pilot agreed and said he'd bring some more visible markers next time he flew out there.
- Dad, waiting for us by the plane. At his age and at ~5800+ feet of altitude, he wisely decided not to trek all the way across the ice field with us, being blind and all.
- Robin and her husband, Bob
- Our pilot, Greg Sanoski of K2 Aviation
- The summit of Denali is just over here
Long Walk Home
← previous photo
→ next photo
L view in light box
< scroll film strip left
> scroll film strip right
? show all shortcuts