new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Needham Market | by Britain Quaker Meeting Houses
Back to photostream

Needham Market

Photo William Waddilove

Built 1704 behind a cottage and reached originally through an arch from the road. It appears to have been extended to the cottage in 1772, although this cannot be proved. The meeting closed in 1914 and the building was requisitioned by the army as a barracks. Sold c. 1950. The address is now 89 High Street (not Main Street as in David Butler's book)

629 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken on April 13, 2013