Blogged about here: pubdolls.blogspot.com/2010/01/memory-lane.html
I was recently tagged by Rebecca and here is my response.
The rules of this game were: if you're tagged, upload a photo saying you were tagged, put 10 random facts about yourself into the description, and tag 10 other people by adding them to the photo. I'm not much of a follower of rules and Rebecca has already tagged most of the people I would have tagged, so I will just give you the 10 random facts:
1. I have played the piano since I was 6 years old. I got the piano from one of my grandmothers and was taught to play by the other. I thought about studying music but found I wasn't good enough to make a decent living of it.
What I like most is to sit by the piano and improvise, it helps if I'm stressed or sad. Most of my songs are rather melancholic. I made my first song when I was seven, it was just one line and was supposed to sound oriental :-) I have written down some of the songs, but none of them are very original. The first song I wrote down, at 14, was one page long and was dedicated to a boy in my class who I had a crush on for several years. I wrote my best piece when I was 18 and gave the notes as a present to my grandmother who had taught me to play.
Recently my nerd of a husband wrote a Pre-Indo-European blues with the subtitle "The horse, the wheel and language blues" based on a book review. I made a tune to it, with all the blues clichés I could think of, and whenever I play it, he gets in a good mood. (I thought blues should have the opposite effect?)
2. I have sung in choirs most of my life. These days I sing in the church choir (which often consists of me alone).
3. I once won a limbo contest, but now I'm sadly unfit, so there's no chance I will be able to repeat that.
4. When I was fourteen we were in Morocco, and my father was offered 35 camels for me, luckily for me he rejected the offer.
5. I hate housework, so when we finally decided to hire a cleaning women, our house was a real mess.
6. I also hate woodeating ants and I am almost obsessive about killing them.
7. Like Rebecca, I'm interested in genealogy. One of my foremothers was Norway's most famous witch, Anne Pedersdotter, who was burned alive at the stake in the city of Bergen on the 7 April 1590.
8. I love reading about the Big Bang, nuclear physics and the space, even if I just understand a fracture of what I'm reading.
9. I'm an avid Dr Who fan, but I've only known the 9th and10th doctor.
10. I added the Gauguin painting www.flickr.com/photos/pubdolls/4298496293/ not only because of the colours, but because a copy of the painting (by one of my great aunts) is the picture I remember best from my grandparents home. Now it's mine, and below is the painting hanging on my staircase wall. Underneath it is a painting I did myself some years ago inspired by François Boucher (when I had a wall that needed something in those colours).