A followup to The Web Is Agreement, another poster put together on behalf of Osmosoft ahead of FOWA to promote discussion on the value of The Web and openness for systems integration. Buy into "vendor led" rather than "open", and you'll end up in "Middleware Hell"! It's available as a clean, high-resolution PDF for print. [Digg] [Reddit].
- Middleware Hell
- Integration Nirvana
- Beware of the Cookie Monster! - Phil Hawksworth
- The hollow man of "Big Up-Front Design" BUFD/BDUF. The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hieronymus Bosch
- Timbl - inventor of the Web.
- Roy T. Fielding - father of REST.
- Fielding Has a Posse!
- Mark Baker - for whom so many have so much to thank!
- The Four Horsemen of the Vendopolis - DRM, RAND, Gratis and Proprietary.
- Semantic (Web) Astral Plane - Infer Things about Things from their URI
- The Lair of the Toolmaker, where a Hobbit like dragon sits on his pile of treasure, Gold, Silver and Flash after feasting on the bodies of Developers, Developers, Developers
- An Architect's Progress, an allusion to Pilgrim's Progress.
- Impenetrable Hedge of Complexity - a pun on "The Impenetrable Hedge of Sin" in Martin Wells Knapp's Preaching Poster
- BPELzebub has a devil put aside for you, for you, for yoooouuu!
- The Lost Social Life of Ephemeral Messages - a pun on The Social Life of Information
- "Plain of Ease"
- Any sufficiently advanced form of lock-in is indistinguishable from malice.
- lock-in weir - a landmark on The Web Is Agreement.
- The Bazaars of Open Source (under attack from the four horsemen) - View Source, Learn, converse, collaborate, feedback, innovate!
- The Lost Caves of WebDAV
- Repository of Redundant RPC Wrong-Think
- Purgatory of the Platform Meeting: 3.bp.blogspot.com/_FBXGhy-QmVw/SOuDu2lSHHI/AAAAAAAACCs/pm...
- Falls of Eternal Self-inflicted Bewilderment (ESB)
- The Woods of Stenography [sic] where URIs are hidden in plain sight.
- The Great Library of The Web - where each and every thing is given a URI.
- Started out as the Sun but ended up looking more like the Moon!
- REST concepts: Resources, Uniform Names, Representations and Links
- REST Properties: Addressability, Statelessness, Connected and the Uniform Interface.
- The Labyrinth of Links - a metaphor for the Web, where you don't need a map, only to follow signs (links). Being able to bookmark links, backtrack and leave a breadcrumb trail is essential, as are Cool URIs.
- You know the rules, and so do I ..
- The (witch) Trials of Unnaturally Stateful Magic - inspired by Bill
- Portal By Proxy
- Custodian of Enterprisey "Solutions" "Policy says No"
- Blind Faith in Snakeoil Salesmen afore Can't Code - Won't Code leading to The Shores of Powerpoint Programmers. IOW if you don't hack, and hack for fun, do you srsly think you are in a position to dictate how those of us who do, work?
- Our hero, attacks the complexity of tools with his trusty spear of curl and shield of The Browser.
- Dullard Developers
- Inexhaustible Pyre of Demode Interfaces
- The Torment of finger-point not fix.
- The Divine Comedy of buy-not-build integration.
- NCSA Mosaic browser icon
- The URI Is The Thing
- psd 2008 CC licensed. Osmosoft
- SOAPy (river) Styx
- The "Not Good Enough" rack of extensions.
- The stiffing of single suppliership.
A good pilgrim has faith in the Web.
Only by following the word of Roy (Fielding) he proceeds.
Only a penitent publisher of permalinks may pass.
- The Fetid Swamps of Unaddressable Names. Yes I'm looking at you, evil XRI/XDI and feeble URN.
- HTTP POST is to request an update for a resource at a URI, GET is for retrieving copies of a resource, in whichever representation you choose, safely.
- The rigorous (scientific) evaluations of products - an ironic ducking stool.
- OpenID, OAuth, Microformats
- Newton, by William Blake.
The URI Is The Thing
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts