new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
[Library Post-Renovation, Lobby - staircase] | by Pratt Institute Library
Back to photostream

[Library Post-Renovation, Lobby - staircase]

Contributor: Tubby, William B., 1858-1944 (architect)

 

Date: n.d.

 

Description: Interior view of the Pratt Institute Library, showing a student on the staircase. Columns and arches are also visible. The Pratt Institute Library was built as a public as well as a college library, and was the first free Library in New York City. It was built by architect William B. Tubby in Victorian Renaissance revival style, with interiors by the Tiffany Decorating Company; the Romanesque-style Children's Portico was added to the children's entrance in 1912; the north porch was added in 1936 by John Mead Howells.

 

Format: 1 photograph : b&w ; 15 x 22 cm.

 

Source: Pratt Institute Libraries, Archives LIPR-01 (ar00263)

 

Pratt Libraries Website

For inquiries regarding permissions and use fees, please contact: rightsandrepro.library@pratt.edu.

 

1,574 views
1 fave
0 comments
Taken on December 14, 2009