Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
1/2 C. butter
1/3 C. lightly packed brown sugar
1/2 t. almond extract
1 C. whole wheat flour
1/2 C. toasted almond flour (roasted ground almonds)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Using a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Whisk together flour and almond flour then add to butter mixture and blend well.
4. Put cookie dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and place on baking sheet; make an indentation with your fingertip in the center of each ball.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are just slightly brown. Let cool on wire rack.
7. Fill cookies with raspberry jam.
This recipe is based on the Thumbprint Cookies found at Cafe Fernando
For more recipes, visit Pinch My Salt