Lacock, Wiltshire, largely preserved by the National Trust.
The top shot shows Lacock medieval street context with the 14th C tithe barn peeping on the right.
Bottom left shows the roof structure, while bottom right shows the wonderful light-revealing of the angled forms of daylight loopholes which just appear as narrow vertical slots on the outside. Thick limestone masonry walls.
[Tithe: one-tenth of produce as religious tax.]
This is part of the "West of London - 2012" Set:
Lacock Abbey was established in 1232; and the village formed its endowment to the church. Lacock was granted a market and developed a thriving wool industry during the Middle Ages. The barn held tithe produce for the Abbey.