waiting for news about coline, my friend in sf who is not doing well in the hospital. from what i can the past 2 weeks has been a chain of events roughly like the following:
1. very close to giving birth (kid #2)
2. baby was beginning to get distressed, so they induced.
3. baby ida was born healthy 1 week before due date. she was like 7.5 pounds.
4. three days later coline went to the doctor bc she said her back was hurting and she was feeling sick.
5. she was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia.
6. surgery was required to repair lung damage due to the pneumonia. about 20% of one of her lungs was removed. doctors advised that she may need a new lung; was placed on donor list.
7. tracheotomy performed to help breathing.
8. three days ago, although sedated, she was responsive and taken off the external oxygenation of her blood. now on a ventilator.
9. two days ago she had a hemorrhagic stroke.
10. she also was being monitored for a blood clot that was moving towards her heart.
11. the chaplain was called to talk to all the friends and family that are now living at the hospital. prognosis not good per him.
12. last night she had surgery to install a filter in some vein to prevent blood clots from happening. it actually went well and i talked to bruce and ugi last night after it.
so now i am waiting to hear what's next.
i wish i was back in sf.