Spaso-Yakovlevsky Monastery (Спасо-Яковлевский монастырь) situated to the left from the Rostov kremlin on the Rostov's outskirts.
Monastery was founded in the 14th century by St Iakov of Rostov.
The earliest kept building of a monastery is Zachatievsky Cathedral (Cathedral of Conception of St Anna). It has been constructed in 1686. Another 17th century building is Spaso-Preobrazhensky Cathedral (Savior Transfiguration Cathedral) which once belonged abolished Spaso-Pesotsky Monastery.
It has been greatly venerated as the shrine of St Dmitry of Rostov. Most of the monastery structures were built in the late 18th and early 19th centuries in the fine neoclassical style. Dimitrievsky Cathedral (Cathedral of St Dmitry of Rostov) has been constructed in 1794-1802 with support of Nikolai Sheremetev's column.