- LED lights; when the photo is on the stand, the interior of the box is dark. The LEDs illuminate the back of the photo enough for the tag to be read by the camera.
- Power supply - i can plug the mac and printer in here, and just have a single power cable coming out of the box, keeps things neat.
- Arduino in a lunchbox! The wires for the LEDs, control button and reset button run back to here; nice and neat, and less likely to get pulled apart by accident.
- A label printer; this prints out the tags when the user wants to record a story about a previously unseen photograph.
- Mac Mini - the brains of the operation; runs the software to recognise the qrcodes, record audio, play audio, upload stuff to the web etc.
- Foam - the foam on either side of the Mac keeps it from sliding around.