The Gifts of the Holy Spirit
In 1935-9, Sir Ninian Comper's chapel of the Resurrection in Pusey House, Oxford, was installed. A beautiful gold civory stands over and around the Altar.
The underside of this civory is painted with this image of the Holy Spirit, sending forth his seven gifts, which is surrounded by a wreath of fruit and flowers, symbolising the fruits of the Spirit. This in turn is held up by dancing cherubs, perhaps indicating the angels' joy in the sanctification of the human person by the power of the Holy Spirit.