- The Benedictine monastery was founded in 1920 on the grounds of Kylemore Castle, in Connemara, County Galway.
- Prior to becoming an abbey, Kylemore was built as a Castle and private home for the family of Mitchell Henry. Built between 1871 and 1885.
- As a curiosity, Benedictine nuns fleding Ypres during World War I, founded here an international boarding school and established a day school for local girls, which closed as recently as June 2010.
- The name Kylemore originates from the Irish words Coill Mhór which means Great Wood.
- I was lucky to get this reflection in between the rain.
- Check out Ireland's Dunguaire Castle here: www.flickr.com/photos/pacocanker/5146621769/in/set-721576...
- Paco Cabeza-Lopez
Kylemore Abbey, Ireland - Mainistir na Coille Móire, Éire ( reflection!)