Delicata pie, spiced lardy pecans, soft sour cream whip.
by finchlinden on Instagram.
Spiced Lardy Pecans
Lard - 1 tsp
Raw Pecans - 1/4 pound
Maple syrup - 2 1/2 tsp
Kosher Salt - dash
Kosher Salt - 1/4 tsp
Ginger - 1/4 tsp
Allspice - 1/8 tsp
Nutmeg - 1/8 tsp
Black pepper - dash
Heat oven to 250 F
- Combine salt & spice and set aside
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-low heat
- Add the nuts and dash of salt and toss to coat with oil, cook, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted, about five minutes
- Add the maple and toss to coat the nuts completely, cooking for another 30 seconds or so
- Remove the nuts from heat and toss in a bowl with the spice mixture (this is easier if the bowl is a little warm, so the maple won't seize and stick to the sides).
- Spread the coated nuts into a single layer on a lined sheet pan and baked for 20 minutes, then cool completely before storing.
Sent from my abacus