new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Rodgers' Bastion Memorial Cannon | by Monument City
Back to photostream

Rodgers' Bastion Memorial Cannon

1914 dedication, Plaque Reads: This Cannon marks Rodgers' Bastion which formed part of a chain of fortifications extending from the river front to and beyond the site of the present Johns Hopkins Hospital. Manned in part by an auxiliary Naval force, under immediate command of Commodore John Rodgers these, with other troops, amounting in all to some 12000 men with 100 guns were under General Samuel Smith, Commander-in-chief of all forces in the field. Erected by the National Star-Spangled Banner Centennial Commission.

2,294 views
0 faves
1 comment
Taken on May 28, 2011