- so surreal.... can't believe it... stunning :) - Ana Bel
- Colours and composition are fantastic. Inspiration! - JMac-2006
- sooo beautiful,looks like a poster - indiyah
- amazing color right here - uNcLeWiGgLy
- love the reflection - keenanthephotographer
- This scene is amazing, the lighting is magnificent ! - The Bartender 007
- O pico maior - O Grapiúna
- crystal clear...magnificent :) - valiantphotography
Moraine Lake at sunset:
Update: Since this is my most popular photo, many people have asked me if I photoshopped the hell out of it or how I got the colors so vibrant and captured the range of exposures here. For one - I used a circular polarizer that allowed me to keep the shutter open longer - which obviously saturates the photo, and really added to the reflection you see in the lake. The lake really is that color, mostly from the amount of glacial silt that is suspended in the lake. I used a very light graduated neutral density filter for the top part of the image to keep the range intact, but the light on the mountains really looked that beautiful and soft.
As for photoshop, I added a slight amout of contrast, while just barely lighting up the darker elements.
Thank you all for your wonderful comments.