Pattern for Crocheted Heart
- yarn (any yarn will do, in this example I used a 100% acrylic yarn)
- crochet hook (size that matches your yarn)
- a little stuffing material
Ch = US chain stitch (Dutch: losse)
SC = US single crochet (UK: double crochet, Dutch: vaste)
Heart (make two):
SC in rows. Always make a Ch to turn (not mentioned in the pattern).
- 1 Ch, turn (yes, that means 2 Ch)
- 2 SC in first stitch, 1 SC, (= 3 stitches), turn
- 2 SC in first stitch, 2 SC (= 4 stitches), turn
- 2 SC in first stitch, 3 SC (= 5 stitches), turn
continue SC in rows (increase 1 SC in the first stitch of every row) untill you have 20 stitches, turn
first round part of the heart:
- 10 SC, turn
- SC, crochet the first two stitches (1,2) and the last two stitches (9,10) together (= 8 stitches)
- SC, crochet the first two stitches (1,2) and the last two stitches (7,8) together (= 6 stitches)
- SC, crochet the first two stitches (1,2) and the last two stitches (5,6) together (= 4 stitches)
- SC, crochet the first two stitches (1,2) and the last two stitches (3,4) together (= 2 stitches)
second round part of the heart:
- re-attach in the 11th stitch of the 20 stitches row (right next to the first round part)
- 10 SC, turn
- continue like first round part
- weave in all ends
Crochet both hearts together in SC. Leave a small opening in one of
the straight sides.
Lightly stuff the heart. Close the opening by crocheting more SC.
Weave in ends.
PS: feel free to use this pattern any way you like.
Commercial use is fine with me too, as long as you don't present it as your own design.
PPS: for those lacking the crochet skills to make these hearts, follow the website link in my profile.