DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND SEE IT LARGE ON BLACK
Yesterday I got up really early for a sunrise session: light wasn't great, so I'm not satisfied.
I had the opportunity of shooting in rough conditions (-8°) and have
been pretty satisfied with my 5d2. I could use it with my gloves on
and it has been much better than I expected.
I know there are better options, but since I have only tried a 400d (which was almost unusable with gloves on) I think it is ok.
As for this shot (taken on October, 23), I think it's the session with
the most beautiful light I have ever experienced as a photographer:
tones and color were amazing (I had to slightly desaturate the reds,
since they were too strong).
This exposure has been tricky, I have to use a 5 stops filtration for the sky and some darkening is visible in the foreground, too (I don't think it ruins the shot, I kinda like it).
I tried to find a strong composition and I think this one works, even if I'm not 100% satisfied with it: I have just been overwhelmed by the amazingness of the scene.
Hope you like it, anyway.
- CANON 5d Mark II, EF 17-40 f/4 L, f/16, 15 s, ISO 100
- Phottix TR-90 Remote Shutter
- Lee 0.9 (3 stops) soft GND + 0.6 (2 stops) soft GND
Shot about 50 km from where I live, a few minutes before sunrise.
- -0.15 EV Exposure;
- Recovery set to 30;
- White balance tuning.
- Switched to LAB to improve tones;
- Added three Soft Light layers to adjust light;
- Added a Color Balance layer;
- Resized for the Web (1200px);
- Applied a slight noise reduction in the sky only to smooth tones;
- Applied an Unsharp Mask to slightly improve contrast;
- Smart Sharpen + More accurate (On luminosity 'blending mode' with the sky masked off);
- Framing and Signature.
Take a look at it, LARGE on Black :
Road to sunrise, on Black
@ You all
Comments, faves and critiques are always welcomed!