Tithe Barn, Vicar's Court, Lincoln
The Tithe Barn in Vicar's Court dates from around 1440. It was badly damaged during the Civil War when Cromwell's Troops stormed through the area. Connected, as the barn was to the Cathedral, both the barn and the Cathedral itself were treated as enemy property. Originally the barn would have been a warehouse but features inside suggest that at some time it may have been an infirmary or refectory. More recently it served as the dining room and kitchen to the Lincoln Girl's School which was located on the hill just below it. It now forms part of the University of Lincoln's School of Art & Design.