A set of photographs from the Carlton Reach Research Station or "Ord River Experimental Farm" set up by Kimberley Michael Durack in 1941 with assistance from the WA Department of Agriculture and the Public Works Department. Also known as "Kim's Place," this was site was active until 1946 when operations were moved to the Kimberley Research Station (KRS) site. This first farm was on river alluvium and was moved to the KRS site, where the predominant, Cununurra Clay or Blacksoil was also available for experimentation. The Petters pump engine was used at both sites. This site is over the area of the Kona Caravan park (Rigby's) and the Kununurra Golf Course and disected by the main irrigation channel.
33 photos · 519 views