new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Mściciel | by Kevin Borland
Back to photostream

Mściciel

This monument, the title of which literally translates in English to "Avenger," was sculpted by Andrzej Pitynski, and unveiled August 14, 1988 at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. It is the largest monument in the shrine's cemetery. At its base is an inscription dedicated to the Katyn massacre of 1940.

 

Photo by Kevin Borland.

1,682 views
0 faves
2 comments
Taken on September 12, 2009