Pohyon Temple 보현사
Pohyon Temple (보현사 普賢寺) in Mt Myohyang, founded in 1042 and named after the Bodhisattva Samantabhadra (Pohyŏn in Korean), was the principal monastery in northeastern Korea and, with some twenty buildings, one of the country's biggest. In 1946, the Communists converted the monastery into a historical museum. An American air raid in 1951 destroyed fourteen buildings and countless cultural relics. The two main buildings, Taeung Hall and Manse Pavilion, have been reconstructed.
18 photos · 795 views