Located at 19-23 Oxford Street, London. This opened on 17th February 1910 as Pyke House Cinematograph Theatre. It seated 500 in stalls ands circle levels.
Re-named Phoenix Cinema in 1914, it was closed for refurbishment in 1919, re-opening in January 1920. The Phoenix Cinema closed in 1925. The building became a furniture store in the 1930's. In later years, it was a Claude Gill bookshop, and lastly a Waterstone's bookshop. This was closed in December 2008 and the entire block of buildings was compulsary purchased for demolition, to build a new Crossrail station.
Photographed here in January 2009, awating demolition.