Located at La Rambla, 27 in the city centre. The current Teatre Principal was built in 1848 on the site of an earlier Teatre de la Santa Crue, which was destoyed by fire. The architect of the Teatre Principal was Daniel Molina.
It screened films from 6th June 1896 and became a full-time cinema known as the Principal Palace from 7th March 1919, with a seating capacity of 1,600.
In 1943 a second auditorium was created in the building and this opened as the 490 seat Cine Latino. In September 1979 it had been taken over by the Balana group and refurbishments were carried out by Antoni Bonamusa. The main screen closed on 1st May 1986 and the smaller screen closed on 2nd October 1988. Since then it has continued as part of the Balana group as a live theatre, but seems to be more closed than open.